The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Double Negative

Not Available
A little walk in the woods today... Decided to go warm-toned - seemed natural. :)

MM, ISO 320, Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH, 1/350s @ f/8:

MM, ISO 1250, Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH, 1/750s @ f/2.8:

MM, ISO 1250, Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH, 1/750s @ f/2.8:

MM, ISO 640, Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH, 1/350s @ f/8:

element-m

Meh, last night in St Moritz. Been a great time here, beautiful clear air and lots picturesque atmosphere. Wish I could spend more time here to capture more than just the surface of what it's like here in the winter.

element-m

Last picture from Engadin and from St. Moritz on the way home. No private jet unfortunately ;-) , but my car served me well to bring me home except there was no champagne service. Just kidding.

A belated Happy New Year to everyone. Here's to a great start into 2014 with lots of great new MM shots from all, to share and enjoy here :)

chrism

Last picture from Engadin and from St. Moritz on the way home. No private jet unfortunately ;-) , but my car served me well to bring me home except there was no champagne service. Just kidding.

A belated Happy New Year to everyone. Here's to a great start into 2014 with lots of great new MM shots from all, to share and enjoy here :)
Any PP secrets you could share with us? Some of your wonderful shots have a glowing HDR-like quality to them, such as this one:

Chris

element-m

Thank you Chrism for your kind comment. Sometimes when the light is quite flat like it was in the above, I usually make some corrections in LR5. If that doesn't give me what was looking for, I tend to use Silver Efex Pro and choose a preset like Dynamic (harsh) , or one of the other presets that are available. These often give me something closer to what I was looking for. My favourite shots though are the ones that are just right OOC :)
Here are two examples, one is more or less OOC, the second one is "High Dynamic"

With SEP2 :

In this example, I think I prefer the original one more.