The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Only got mine less than a week ago, so I can´t claim these show the full potential of the MM, but I´m very, very happy with it. The first two were shot within an hour after collecting the camera; the dog (appropriately enough a black-n-white fellow) was shot this morning, taking a fast run (the dogs were, not me….).
Summilux Asph 50 (first 2), and Summicron Asph 75 (doggie).

asiafish

Well, my 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar is back from a minor repair and fitted with a new B+W multicoated orange filter. I just LOVE this lens. The rural shots taken about 4:30 PM today (time is wrong in EXIF) on my way back from Los Angeles to Bakersfield. The gas pump was today at about noon in Bakersfield, but could have been almost anywhere in America.

Leica M Monochrom, ISO 320, minimal post.

L1001357-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001366-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001367-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001382-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001374-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Photojazz

Woody, you are not alone, I too love my 75 APO Cron ASPH. Especially on my MM. Amazing lens, even the bokeh for a 2.0 lens is quite nice, I think. The lens rarely disappoints me, that's for sure.