The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Stefan Herzberg

Shinto purification ritual at Kanda Shrine, Tokyo last weekend. What a challenge with 4 degrees celsius outside temperature.

MM with 90mm summicron pre asph at f: 2,8 and ISO 320

The whole story at shashinski.com

airfrogusmc

Some horn toot'n. Missed it by that much...
Just found out about this and bridesmaid again (LoL) in this Leica sponsored contest. This time I got two Mark of Excellence Awards in this one contest and was in the top 37 out of almost 1300 entries. Top prize of $12,000 and an $8000 Leica MM
Heres the link. My photos are on line 6 photo on the left and line 17 also on the left.
I SHOT IT : Black-And-White Photo Competition 4 2013

The photos

and

element-m

Whilst walking around Zurich tonight. Quite a née Ferrari with a special matt silver paint job. It really makes the lines and curves of the body stand out.

Just for the record, no editing. Just OOC :)

asiafish

Out yesterday in Riverside, CA and later Adelanto, CA (middle of nowhere) with my M Monochrom and 50mm f/2 Summicron-M. ISO 320, yellow filter, minimal post.

L1001467-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001472-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001477-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001481-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001483-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001492-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001497-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001511-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

asiafish

I had previously purchased a used Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 ZM and ended up selling it on as it was optimized for f/2.8 (and I bought it cheap and made some money on the sale). Well, I bought another one, also used, only this time verified as optimized by Carl Zeiss for f/1.5. The lens came in the mail yesterday, so of course I hooked it up to my M Monochrom and took it to my Rotary club meeting. These taken outside the building and in the bar before the meeting. I didn't expect the lens for another two days, so I didn't have a yellow or orange filter with me.

Leica M Monochrom, ISO 320~400, Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 ZM, no filter, minimal post.

L1001520-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001521-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001525-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

xdayv

Guys, before I head back to my hometown for a few days, I'll just share some more photos, these were taken in Manila:

Paratom

Guys, before I head back to my hometown for a few days, I'll just share some more photos, these were taken in Manila:

Hi Dave,
I have mixed feelings looking at your images, some I like a lot, the last two I dont feel compfortable looking at because I feel like someone peeping into the privacy of people.