The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

Here are some photos from the mass grave in San Joaquin, Palo, Leyte... a 25-minute car drive from Tacloban City. All taken with MM, 28 Cron:

element-m

Went to Yverdon to do some shopping and guess who I bumped into, Batman ! Yeah his car broke down. You can see he was quite anxious with all these kids around him and the fact that he was hoping RAC would come quickly to fix his Batmobil. Meanwhile the Joker had managed to escape.., yet again.

asiafish

So we had our annual fundraiser at my Rotary club Saturday night. It was originally a 1940s themed event, but somewhere along the way it was changed to Irish formal. Oh well, my wife still dressed in her 1940s finest and of course I screwed the 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar onto my Leica M Monochrom (with help from an M adapter).

All images are UNPROCESSED except for raw conversion in LR5. Yellow filter and auto ISO was used, most shots at ISO 1600 or 3200, but a few at 10,000 and the lens usually wide open or at f/5.6.

My wife getting ready (ssshhhh, don't tell her)

L1003267.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

The finished product

L1003274.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1003305.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Two of my best friends (they weren't together)

L1003320.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1003317.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

With a great prop

L1003325.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

xdayv

The Taiwan Tzu Chi Buddhist Foundation has left an idellible mark of compassion and charity to the hearts of the Filipinos affected by the typhoon. In this set of photos, they also donated and helped in restoring the Sto. Niño Parish Church ran by the Roman Catholic.

xdayv

Went to Yverdon to do some shopping and guess who I bumped into, Batman ! Yeah his car broke down. You can see he was quite anxious with all these kids around him and the fact that he was hoping RAC would come quickly to fix his Batmobil. Meanwhile the Joker had managed to escape.., yet again.
And what is Robin doing in the crowd? He is not helping his partner in crime. :facesmack:

erudolph

Last night there was a tour of the shipbuilding site at Pier 70, San Francisco, which is on the verge of redevelopment. This is part of a building where metal plating for WWII battleships was made.

21mm Summilux (there is considerable radial banding in the foreground shadows but...