The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

MCTuomey

Super Sunday 2014, Uptown, New Orleans - Mardi Gras Indians:

3. "[They] ... will not bow down." (My Old Indian Red)

alajuela

Very nice portrait series. I like this one the most.
BTW how were you able to get a 90mm Summilux?
Thank you very much. I made a mistake - since corrected, it is a Summicrom :facesmack:

I love the lens, sorta hard to focus when you are about 1 1/2 to 2 meters away at F2 - 2.8 - but amazing when you nail it.
I bought the adjustable diopter / magnifier from Tim at Thumbs up and stacked it on top of the Leica magnifier -- that helps.

Thank you again for your comments. and pointing out my mistake.

best

Phil

bensonga

I just have to say....the MM images on this thread are killing me. Kudos to everyone here.

I have to keep reminding myself that not even a Leica MM could compensate for my lack of talent.

But I still want one. Perhaps because for the better part of 20 years I shot B&W film...almost exclusively.

Gary

alajuela

I just have to say....the MM images on this thread are killing me. Kudos to everyone here.

I have to keep reminding myself that not even a Leica MM could compensate for my lack of talent.

But I still want one. Perhaps because for the better part of 20 years I shot B&W film...almost exclusively.

Gary
I gotta tell - it is a great camera (the LCD screen aside) you will love it - you can go hunting for light :D And at a base ISO of 320 - wow!!

Just relax and shoot

best

Phil

Last edited:

PSon

Gary
I saw plenty of great images from you through the years and they all have your unique signature on them. A man of great humbleness and kind is likable to hear his story through his photo.

BR,
-Son