The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

dchew

I attended a workshop in Buffalo, NY a few weeks ago to photograph the old grain silos. Got to play with a Monochrom one morning, and bonded with it almost immediately even though it has been decades since I used a rangefinder. I have some M lenses for my a7r, so the lens controls were not new. Focusing with the rangefinder was really nice.

Dave

dchew

I like the top image Dave, great lines and balance with the water.
Thank you. It is one of my favorites from the whole weekend. This is in the elevator about 9 stories up. It's just a big 10'x10' hole in the wall down to the floor, so to get that arrangement I was a bit close to the edge!

I was bummed that morning that I did not have any filters, but a red filter on this shot would have given a dark sky which wouldn't have worked.

Dave