The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

chrism

@Chris - how are you liking the 75mm FL? Summarit in particular?
I love this little lens! I first used it an the M8 where it was like a 90 and just great for portraits. I have bought and sold three Summarit 90's but none of them were anything like as sharp as the 75, and my other three 90mm lenses each have their own drawbacks (long throw focussing, small aperture in the case of the MacroElmar). So I use 75 for my portraits, and generally the Summarit rather than the Summilux. It is small, light, has a broad rubberised focussing ring that hits focus very quickly. I might be talking through my hat, but some lenses seems to snap into focus more obviously that others, and the Summarits 75 and 35 belong to that group. I could live happily with just this lens and the 35FLE.

Chris

xdayv

I love this little lens! I first used it an the M8 where it was like a 90 and just great for portraits. I have bought and sold three Summarit 90's but none of them were anything like as sharp as the 75, and my other three 90mm lenses each have their own drawbacks (long throw focussing, small aperture in the case of the MacroElmar). So I use 75 for my portraits, and generally the Summarit rather than the Summilux. It is small, light, has a broad rubberised focussing ring that hits focus very quickly. I might be talking through my hat, but some lenses seems to snap into focus more obviously that others, and the Summarits 75 and 35 belong to that group. I could live happily with just this lens and the 35FLE.

Chris
Chris, thanks for your reply. My 90mm is by far the more challenging lens to focus, but when it nails it, I'm a happy camper. I think your 75 pairs up nicely to the 35.

@Alajuela - the third pic I like most, those facial expression in particular.

alajuela

Chris, thanks for your reply. My 90mm is by far the more challenging lens to focus, but when it nails it, I'm a happy camper. I think your 75 pairs up nicely to the 35.

@Alajuela - the third pic I like most, those facial expression in particular.
Thank you very much Dave, I appreciate the comment.

Phil

Robert Campbell

Legananny Dolmen

WATE at 16mm

I think this works better as b/w. I tried a colour version (it's on the fun with M tab here) but I don't like it so much.

So much fine work on this thread since I last looked! I especially liked the detail and texture in Robert's dolmen (pl. dolmens?) – nice work with WATE. Thx everyone.

There's no fog or haze in this scene – it's sunlight breaking through clouds onto drought-dry California hills.

Kirk

40 Summicron

Two cows by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

Last edited:

xdayv

@docmoore - Bob, these are looking good. Wow, you got a silver MM! What lens did you use for this series of shots?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Dave,

Nothing like your series!

These were done with the Voigtlander 35 Nokton F1.4 Single Coat lens...fairly low contrast with a bit jittery bokeh at 1.4 but sharp enough when stopped down to 4.0.

Nice to be back with the Monochrom ... nothing renders quite like this sensor.

Regards,

Bob