The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Robert Campbell

So much fine work on this thread since I last looked! I especially liked the detail and texture in Robert's dolmen (pl. dolmens?) – nice work with WATE. Thx everyone....
Thanks! I do find the WATE rather challenging—almost as if I had tunnel vision.

Lagananny has always been called a dolmen and the plural is dolmens. They are common throughout most of Ireland, though Legananny is unusual because the uprights are so slender. Before they were called dolmens, they were called 'cromlechs', nowadays the preferred name is 'portal tomb'. Dolmen and portal tomb are said to be derived from the Breton dual (table) and maen (stone). They are megaliths, from the neolithic age, around 4000BC to 2400BC (and thus older than the pyramids of Giza).