The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Here's another parkscape: Live Oak Park, Berkeley.

My partner Sarah said it looks like a 'Victorian' picture, and I think she's right: it might be mistaken for a corner of an English garden?

Live Oak Park, Berkeley by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

IMO it looks too contrasty here, but it prints well.

50 2.8 Elmar; 3 files stitched

tbhv55

My partner Sarah said it looks like a 'Victorian' picture, and I think she's right: it might be mistaken for a corner of an English garden?
Yes, possibly - but I think that it's more likely to be mistaken for an ENTIRE English garden, than just a corner of one...!

We don't have much room here... it's only a small island...;):D

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yes, possibly - but I think that it's more likely to be mistaken for an ENTIRE English garden, than just a corner of one...!

We don't have much room here... it's only a small island...;):D
Seriously?

Between the Penines, Snowdownia, Borderlands, Northsea vistas, Cornwall and North or West Yorkshire, wild Highlands...

Not to mentions CS Lewis' view of an ever expanding infinity between two blades of grass..."The Great Divorce"

Never seemed small to me.

Other than the fact that you can drive from one end to the other in less time than one can cover my home state Texas...

However walking the length of the UK in winter is a whole other proposition...

No small is relative and in no sense is Brittania small...

Regards,

Bob

erudolph

Walked from 5th & Mission garage to the grand opening of the SF Leica Store this midday.

Grant Street window dresser

Grant Street entrance way

Leica Store folk, Sean Cranor seated, Dan Leto second from right

Market Street food

Paul.N

I'm really starting to fall in love with this camera. Slightly out of focus - not as amazingly crisp as the other images taken with the same lens, but with a little added grain, the shallow depth of field reminds me of a large format portrait in a sense. The 4x5 photo wouldn't necessarily have all of that texture/grain however.