The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

seakayaker

05/12/2015 ~ Residential Street ~ Phinney Ridge Neighborhood ~ Seattle, WA

Leica M Monochrom ~ Elmar-M 24mm f3.8 ASPH ~ ISO 320 ~ 1/750 ~ f8

V

Vivek

Jono, Those spots- do you think they can be removed successfully by a sensor clean? Normally this will be a redundant question but has become important as we are dealing with $7500 camera.

jlm

Workshop Member
a couple of the sculptures put together in the above workshop (John Crawford is the artist)

and that one in the shop getting the base machined

and the drop hammer that forges the steel blocks:

and the tong rack:

a few more works:

and the artist:

jonoslack

Jono, Those spots- do you think they can be removed successfully by a sensor clean? Normally this will be a redundant question but has become important as we are dealing with $7500 camera.
Yes Vivek very easily - I was just being lazy. I don't usually shoot at such small aperture, so they don't show up - probably a blower brush would get rid of most of them. These two shots were at f11 and quite heavily processed.

V

Vivek

Hi Jono,

Please do us all a favor (in light of the sensor cover plate issue) and show us pictures with a cleaned sensor (or better add to the articles in the front page)

Sorry about the distraction. :eek:

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

Please do us all a favor (in light of the sensor cover plate issue) and show us pictures with a cleaned sensor (or better add to the articles in the front page)

Sorry about the distraction. :eek:
HI Vivek
the cover glass on this is the same as the M240 - I clean my sensors periodically (and successfully) in this case I've not cleaned the monochrom sensor yet, but there simply will not be a problem cleaning it. (It will have to wait until the weekend however, as I have no sensor swabs here and the nearest dealer is 200 miles away!).

As for why it's dirty? I live in a 400 year old and very dusty house - and I'm lazy about lens changes, so my sensors always get dirty.

Not an issue.