The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

erudolph

246 + Noct f/1 v4, ISO 4000

the low light performance of this camera is far better than the previous. the lcd screen is sepia, not neutral (and the menu settings are not creating that cast)

xdayv

It has been 9 long months of waiting, finally got the MM back. While waiting, I would just have to be contended with the inspiring posts here.

erudolph

Dave, what the heck took 9 months?? I had a sensor replaced and the wait was three months, waiting for sensor replacement parts.

- - - Updated - - -

246 test shot: Castro Theater Test Shot, ISO 8000, f/4, 1/45 sec, noise reduction applied in LightRoom, maybe a bit plasticky.

xdayv

Ed, yes it really took a while from this part of the world plus the intricacies of getting stucked in customs. How are you finding your new M246? Any standout positives (/negatives)?

erudolph

Ed, yes it really took a while from this part of the world plus the intricacies of getting stucked in customs. How are you finding your new M246? Any standout positives (/negatives)?
Positives: improved iso! also, i may be fooling myself on this, but the highlights seem a little better.
Negatives: i liked the feel of the original Monochrom better, lighter in the hand, etc.
Weird factor: it is weird to look through the OVF and see color then through the EVF and see B&W!

J

JohnW

A couple more.... I never would have seen myself shooting street with a 50mm, but I'm actually enjoying the greater working distance. For some reason I find it more relaxing than my usual 28mm on the GR. Now, if only I can remember that I need to focus. :)

BTW, the new MM inspired me to start a photo-a-day (mostly) tumblr. I'm still playing around with the format, but enjoying the process very much. A few GR shots but mostly MM.

John

J

JohnW

Very nice, airfrogusmc. I like your processing very much. And the territory looks familiar.

John

V

Vivek

I used my MM last month a lot but can not share any (other than this of a pro dancer). It still is very useful (in decent light) but that mega light monster Sony A7s found a lot more use because of everything.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
MM, AA Summicron 75/2, India