The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

wattsy

It's been a while since I took part in this thread (it's been a while since I used my Monochrom but it still has its uses:D).

J

JohnW

another part of NYC:
That's really beautiful. Love her posture and expression, and the tonality and stillness. A nice moment well presented.

I also like the lens rendering very much. Is that your 75? I'm starting to feel my Zeiss 50 is a bit too modern looking for my taste.

John

J

JohnW

Thank you, everyone. Much appreciated.

Kirk, these were handheld at 1/15. The Skink is 24mm at f/110. I set the slowest shutter I can manage, crank up exposure compensation, and then adjust exposure using ISO and the histogram. These were at 2500, which is fine for the MM. I actually added grain in Silver Efex.

BTW, if anyone knows of an actual M-mount lens that will get close to this look, I'd appreciate hearing about it. A faster shutter would be nice.

John

J

JohnW

After the marathon, Lake Michigan. He said the water temperature was 56 degrees, but that it felt great after his 26 mile run.