The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Would you sell your Leica X2 to fund...

Moonshine

Would you sell your Leica X2 to fund a Fuji XE1 and its kit zoom?
I really do like my X2 but feel that the Fuji XE1 and its lens line up seems very tempting. With the X2 I'm stuck with the 35mm pov and moving on to Fuji means more flexibility. Would you say that the Fuji has as good an IQ if not better than the X2?
I'm confused...:confused:

Brian S

My opinion- stick with the X2. You had the M9 and lenses, sold them and picked up the X2. Explore it more fully. Give it at least another year before turning over the equipment again.

My M8 has become an "almost fixed-lens RF". the C-Sonnar stays on it 90% of the time.

Shashin

So why is the X2 a bad camera for you? There is always a camera with better IQ, but that is not a reason to change if you think the IQ of this camera is great.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

pophoto

I sold mine but for other things, however, the ultimate question is this, since they are entirely different cameras: do you need something other than a 35mm f/2.8 camera?

Moonshine

So why is the X2 a bad camera for you? There is always a camera with better IQ, but that is not a reason to change if you think the IQ of this camera is great.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
By no means is it a bad camera for me. In fact I like it very much and have enjoyed using it. My only issue if you could call it that is that I am not crazy about the 35mm pov. Would like 50mm and sometimes more. I may even end up keeping it... Just thinking if I should invest in the Fuji X system as it has some nice lenses of various lengths. Having used Leica before I would like IQ to be somewhat similar and Fuji seems to have that.
Just wanted opinions...

pophoto

I feel the Fuji will give you the options you want. You can always hold onto your X2 until you know for sure, but you may not get a good price waiting too long, so it depends on your personal needs.

rich_

I sold my X2 to purchase my M8. I have a lot more fun with the different lenses and shallower DOF with faster glass.