The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas Gifts

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Picked p a lend hood for the 50 Summarit in a shop off rindermarkt strasse near marionplatz 125 euro :eek: for a hood and cap. Must have been the Glughwein.
-bob

oh, and, er was it a new gitzo, plus a 90 apo some A&A stuff and I am still looking at the 21 elmarit

Holy Saint Nick!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Santa (dressed in a brown uniform) delivered my sexy, black, spotless M8 and 28/2 ASPH yesterday (Christmas Eve). It seems I've been a very good boy indeed!

I'm up to my neck in manuals, boxes, and the excitement of starting a completely new adventure. Gulp. Wish me luck boys!

B

Brian Phythian

35mm IV Summicron
After reading Guys reviews of the various 75`s I settled for my original choice of the 75 cron. Helped by a mega deal .Happy Christmas and a good new year to all the members.
Brian

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Glad that helped you. Well I jumped off the leica wagon for a moment and got a 5d and 2 lenses to cover some area's I needed to get done easier than the M8 but really not that happy with the call, if i had the money i would have just bought the DMR back instead and I have access to many U coded leica r glass which makes it even worse.

S

Shootist

Glad that helped you. Well I jumped off the leica wagon for a moment and got a 5d and 2 lenses to cover some area's I needed to get done easier than the M8 but really not that happy with the call, if i had the money i would have just bought the DMR back instead and I have access to many U coded leica r glass which makes it even worse.
Guy I feel sorry for you. You do know that the 5D will just site on the shelf once you finish whatever job you bought it for.
I wouldn't really call that a Christmas gift/present.

4season

In some ways, I had more fun GIVING, because I ordered rolls of Hello Kitty toilet paper from Japan! Turns out I could have easily sold a dozen or more to ladies in the office, but who would have thought that toilet paper would be such a hit gift idea?

http://jbox.com/IMAGE/5mu4b

For myself, not much, just groceries, a couple of shirts, a Noctilux, the sunday NY Times and various and sundry items.

Terry

In some ways, I had more fun GIVING, because I ordered rolls of Hello Kitty toilet paper from Japan! Turns out I could have easily sold a dozen or more to ladies in the office, but who would have thought that toilet paper would be such a hit gift idea?

http://jbox.com/IMAGE/5mu4b

For myself, not much, just groceries, a couple of shirts, a Noctilux, the sunday NY Times and various and sundry items.

LOL:D, and you thought we wouldn't catch the Noctilux....

robsteve

Subscriber
My 30% discount WATE was my very early Christmas gift.

Here is my attempt at using the WATE and flash for Christmas pictures. I used a SF-20 on auto with the sfill diffususer. I also had a pocket wizard fire a couple of Profoto lights pointed at the ceiling for fill. I think this was 18mm and f6.3 on the WATE.

PeterA

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year everyone - my gift to myself was flying my parents and sisters and thier families down to our farm for a big family get together. I got to make a lot of photos using all the M and R gear I have recently acquired and of course snuck in a few with the trusty Alpa.

vieri

Hmmm - I have been a pretty good boy, decided to fatten a little the film side of my kit and got myself a fantastic deal for a mint chrome M6 & a very good looking Hasselblad X-Pan with 45mm to go with it - the M6 looks really as new, works perfectly and comes with one year warranty from my regular shop in Italy; the X-Pan looks a little more used but works perfectly as well and has 6 months warranty: I was looking for one for some time now, so I guess it has been a merry filmy Christmas for me this year :)

M

Michael B. Elmer

An Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer plus lots of paper and extra ink. The printer was wonderfully easy to install, even on my network, and printing results so far are very promising.

Today, I also asked my Leica dealer (Mr. Meister in Hamburg, Germany) whether during the christmas sales he has been able to sell one or more of the 5 film Leicas and 9 older Leica lenses that I have entrusted him to sell for me on a commission basis. If so, I will buy the 21/2.8 asph.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The 3800 is a phenomenal printer --- you are going to love it. And the 21 Asph is a wonderful hunk of glass too!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I'm probably a little crazy ... in exploring film after digital ... but you've got to follow your muse. I picked up a .85 M7 over the xmas break and am having fun. When you use that viewfinder, you can start to imagine what a full-frame M9 might be like. Here are a couple of samples ...

Kurt

Last edited:

harmsr

Workshop Member
Well I thought it was just going to be memory cards and film, but I did sneak in under the wire and get some Leica gear.:scry:

I was going through all my various kit over these holidays and decided to consolidate some by getting rid of stuff that is not my style any longer or not really getting much use.

Relative to RF: My Zeiss Ikon and the 21/4.5 Biogon C are going up for sale. This is not because they are not great to use, it is actually the opposite. However, I decided that I wanted a feel as close as possible between film and digital for the camera ergonomics. I also wanted a 2.8 for the 21 and decided that I didn't like the extra processing required to use the Zeiss Biogon with Cornerfix, even though that Zeiss Biogon is pretty amazing at 4.5. My WATE is up for sale, and I recently sold the 75 Cron ASPH.

So guess what??

I took advantage of getting a Leica M7 and 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH (coded) both brand new while the Passport warranty is still good. I have to admit it also helped that the dealer really did me a BIG favor as she had these from before a couple of price increases ago, and sold them to me at a tremendous discount compared to todays prices (or what they are going to be in a few days).

Yes Leica GAS struck again, but I have also sold a lot of Leica recently which really compensates.

My RF kit is now M8, M7, 21 Elmarit ASPH, 28 Cron ASPH, 35 Cron ASPH, 50 Lux ASPH, 90 Elmarit.

The 35 Cron ASPH, will probably go on the block some day in the future if we get a full frame M9? as 35 is not really a favorite of mine but it does duty as a 50 now on the M8.

OK Guy - start laughing that Leica GAS got me this Christmas even though I told you it wouldn't.:angel::ROTFL:

LCT

A CD transport and a mint 20 yo Elmarit-R 135/2.8. I thought it is essentially the same lens as the Elmarit-M 135/2.8 but the latter is significantly bulkier. Happy New Year to All!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I thought it was just going to be memory cards and film, but I did sneak in under the wire and get some Leica gear.:scry:

I was going through all my various kit over these holidays and decided to consolidate some by getting rid of stuff that is not my style any longer or not really getting much use.

Relative to RF: My Zeiss Ikon and the 21/4.5 Biogon C are going up for sale. This is not because they are not great to use, it is actually the opposite. However, I decided that I wanted a feel as close as possible between film and digital for the camera ergonomics. I also wanted a 2.8 for the 21 and decided that I didn't like the extra processing required to use the Zeiss Biogon with Cornerfix, even though that Zeiss Biogon is pretty amazing at 4.5. My WATE is up for sale, and I recently sold the 75 Cron ASPH.

So guess what??

I took advantage of getting a Leica M7 and 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH (coded) both brand new while the Passport warranty is still good. I have to admit it also helped that the dealer really did me a BIG favor as she had these from before a couple of price increases ago, and sold them to me at a tremendous discount compared to todays prices (or what they are going to be in a few days).

Yes Leica GAS struck again, but I have also sold a lot of Leica recently which really compensates.

My RF kit is now M8, M7, 21 Elmarit ASPH, 28 Cron ASPH, 35 Cron ASPH, 50 Lux ASPH, 90 Elmarit.

The 35 Cron ASPH, will probably go on the block some day in the future if we get a full frame M9? as 35 is not really a favorite of mine but it does duty as a 50 now on the M8.

OK Guy - start laughing that Leica GAS got me this Christmas even though I told you it wouldn't.:angel::ROTFL:

The leica 21 2.8 is pretty hard to ignore.