The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Combo Bag R

jac0224

Does anyone have any experience with this bag - either the small or large? If so, can you post some pictures? I'm looking for a bag for my digital M system and a small NEX system, and ran across this bag. There doesn't seem to be much information on the internet about this bag and the pictures are very limited....
Thanks!

ghoonk

I was looking at this bag for some time but decided against it as it's a pretty old bag. I'm guessing the size should be adequate for an M9 with attached lens and a NEX with attached lens.

That said, for a little more money, you could get a Billingham f1.4 which is deceptively spacious - I have an M9 with an attached 35 cron IV with hood, a Monochrom with attached 50 cron, and a Zeiss Ikon with attached 21 Super-Elmar and viewfinder with space remaining for memory cards, cleaning chamois, 2 spare M batteries, 1.25x and 1.4x magnifiers, and a few extra rolls of film. And fully loaded, it's about the size of a Lowepro Messenger. My only gripe with the f1.4 is the absence of a hand grip/strap on top, which is why I also picked up a Hadley Pro, which holds a similar amount of gear

Frits

I have a number of bags, but for my small M9 and a couple of (also) small lenses I want a compact bag of good quality.
I think that I have found what I want in the Artisan & Artist ACAM-1100.
It should be here in a few days.

algrove

I can get 3 bodies with lenses mounted in my Black Label bag purchased from Village Photo in NYC. Oskar's Mark II. Around USD215. The many pockets hold all I need for a day or a week now that I have an MM.

Eventually M9P,MM, M240.

jac0224

Billingham Hadley / Packington?, Re: Leica Combo Bag R

I've also had my eye on the A&A and Black Label bags. Soooo many good choices it seems. After too much thinking about this, I guess I would really like something that could double as an everyday work / commute bag also, therefore carry a laptop. I have some dedicated photography bags, and will use those for now. I have a Belstaff Colonial with Tenba insert that will work great for camera/photography only, but is a little small for a laptop. I checked out some Billingham bags and really love the quality. Hadley Pro seems almost perfect, but just a little small. Ugh! Seems like the Packington or Hadley Large would fit the bill for laptop and camera, or just classic work/laptop bag.

algrove

Glad I looked on the B&H site since I did not know the name. I have 2 of these. The only reason I got the first one was due to Leica giving them to M9/M9P French buyers this last summer. It fits an M with up to a 75 or Noctilux on camera in the center section and then on either side you have plenty of space for a 90 in height but not a 135. The shoulder strap that came on it is superb. The dual zipper pocket which stays under the flap holds LOTS of stuff. I have kept 6 filters in that pocket without a bulge. My wife liked mine so much she asked for the brown one so we have one in each color. I have been caught in the rain and near heavy waterfalls with it and all my gear was protected since there is a to folding flap under the main flap which keeps prying eyes and rain drops off the gear. Sorry this got so long, but the bottom line is we both like our bags.

ghoonk

I can get 3 bodies with lenses mounted in my Black Label bag purchased from Village Photo in NYC. Oskar's Mark II. Around USD215. The many pockets hold all I need for a day or a week now that I have an MM.

Eventually M9P,MM, M240.
I think you meant Photo Village. Sorry to be pedantic, but I just spent 10 minutes looking for Black Label bags in Village Photo camera stores :)

algrove

Further to my comments about the Black Bag, if I put my M9 with a lens attached, like the 35FLE, then I can get 4 additional smaller Leica lenses either side of the center camera compartment. Is what I often do is put my smaller Leica lenses in LensBaby hard little cases stacked on top of each other, two on each side of the bag or a larger 90APO on one side.