The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to remove color shift and keep vignetting?

Hosermage

Oh ya, I forgot another reason why I went with 24mm at the end... the 25ZM I had brings up the 35mm framelines on M9. So even if I use sharpie to code it as 28mm, it won't register unless I toggle the frameline selector to 28mm, which was a major PAIN. I think there are 25ZM that do bring up the 28mm frameline, though.

thrice

I have perfect cornerfix profiles for the 18 and 25 ZM's. I don't remember if they were for uncoded lenses or not though.

edwardkaraa

Oh ya, I forgot another reason why I went with 24mm at the end... the 25ZM I had brings up the 35mm framelines on M9. So even if I use sharpie to code it as 28mm, it won't register unless I toggle the frameline selector to 28mm, which was a major PAIN. I think there are 25ZM that do bring up the 28mm frameline, though.
Mine brings up 35mm frames too. However, I do not plan to code my lenses, just manually select the best profile from the menu. Usually I use one lens for the entire shoot, so I don't think it would be a problem to do this.

edwardkaraa

I have perfect cornerfix profiles for the 18 and 25 ZM's. I don't remember if they were for uncoded lenses or not though.
Dan, that's quite a feat :)

I really would love to try them, do you think it is possible to email them to me? I would be very grateful. (if you do not want to, that would be perfectly alright, I totally understand).

My email is: [email protected]

MirekE

Could you use one conversion with and one conversion without Leica profile and use PS layer interactions or other PS magic to use color from one and luminosity from the other? I never tried that, but I think it might be possible.

I use Leica or my own LR lens profile to remove vignetting and I add it again after cropping - the LR vignetting looks natural and gives me more freedom in final composition.

I prefer to use Capture One's LCC feature. You can select to remove the colour cast and then vary the degree of removing vignetting. Typically I create one profile for each f-stop, so it's pretty quick to use as I don't do an LCC for each shot.

edwardkaraa

Well, I am starting to get good results with cornerfix, thanks to the profiles from Dan. I found out I'm getting best results by keeping vignetting correction at 0, and dialling in a very small amount of color shift correction, around 0.25 to 0.50. The default setting at 1 is too strong imho.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
And changing the amount of vignetting is the easiest thing in the world. All raw converters that I know of have (a) simple slider(s) for the purpose. Just add to taste.
Another fan of LCC profiles in C1 btw.

edwardkaraa

Thanks Mirek. I have seen it mentioned elsewhere and already downloaded it, but didn't have the time to try it yet. Users claim they get better results than with cornerfix.