The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

favorite m9 neck strap

Kokoshawnuff

I very rarely use a bag and when I do, my camera is never inside it. So a camera is worn all day in the city, on 8 hour hikes, and out to dinner. I've been through dozens of straps in the past couple years and always wind up coming back to the simple, comfortable, and overpriced A&A 103n

CharlesK

My favorite is definitely the standard strap that comes with the M9! I have tried a number of wrist and leather straps, but for street shooting, I keep reverting back and putting on the original. I have even replaced the leather strap on the M-M, with standard M9. When the strap is shortened is doubles as a wrist strap, but still can be placed on the shoulder when needed. Even the Sony RX1, has a M9 strap on now!!

zombii

I've used Gordy's wrist straps a lot but just got a Barton Braidy which I like even better. Easier to get on and off and plenty strong plus it's good looking to boot.

seakayaker

I have three of the Silk AA Straps, a black on the Black M9 and Black Paint MP and a Green on the Chrome M6TTL. When the camera is not in the bag, it is carried in my hand with the strap wrapped around the wrist. Only on a rare occasion have I put the strap around my neck to free up my hands.

The nylon Street Strap look interesting. Also I have seen a Barton 120 on a M9 recently and looked mighty fine. BARTON 1972

Godfrey

I have three of the Silk AA Straps, a black on the Black M9 and Black Paint MP and a Green on the Chrome M6TTL. When the camera is not in the bag, it is carried in my hand with the strap wrapped around the wrist. Only on a rare occasion have I put the strap around my neck to free up my hands.

The nylon Street Strap look interesting. Also I have seen a Barton 120 on a M9 recently and looked mighty fine. BARTON 1972
I have the Street Strap on my X2 and like it so much I'm getting one for the M9 too.

G

edwardkaraa

Even though the original strap is still my favourite, I ordered today the black leather a la carte one (14453). Probably my cheapest leica purchase so far :D

V

Vivek

I usually buy these (hardware stores) by meter and cut them to the correct length. :D

jubbaa

I have a Gordys sling strap , I love the sling but I find the ' square' leather a little uncomfortable . I am thinking of getting the Atisan and Artists green cloth strap for no other reason than it looks great :)

wosim

I have a Calumet Aircell Straight Shoulder Strap (Calumet AirCell Straight Shoulder Strap), which is really comfortable. It has quick releases and is very quickly detatchable, in my opinion a great advantage. Only a short piece remains in the lugs of the camera, so I have the case of the magnifier attached to the left-sided short part of the shoulder strap - and the 1.25 magnifier is always within reach (secured with its little chain to the ring of the strap). For me it is the best solution, because it offers the best possible flexibility: I use in 99% a handmade handstrap: no more searching the magnifier, no danger to loose it.

JWW

My favorite is the skinny 12mm wide Luigi black leather straps, fixed length at 105cm, no shoulder pad.
The advantage with this strap is that it's easy to wind it around my wrist as a wrist strap since it's so flexible.