The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 self timer

edwardkaraa

I used the self timer for the first time today to take some shots on tripod. It's really funny that it starts the count down at the slightest touch of the shutter release button, thus not allowing me to use the camera meter to adjust the exposure. The work around is, obviously, to switch to C or S to adjust the exposure then switch back to self timer mode.

This is so unlike any other camera I have used. The positive side is that there is no camera shake induced by pushing the shutter release.

Do you guys do the same, or is there something else that I've missed?
:deadhorse:

Hosermage

Are you using A-mode and want to half press to lock exposure? I don't know the right answer, but one way I can think of getting around it is to read the speed from A-mode in the VF, then just manually set it on the shutter dial.

250swb

You can't read the speed of anything to set the exposure without half pressing the shutter button, which then sets the self timer off......

Yes, the only way to make a new meter reading with the dial set at the self timer mark is to switch it back to S or C.

Steve