The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who uses what? Half cases and handgrips

Half case or handgrip?

• Total voters

douglasf13

One side question: I read in an old post on another forum that the half case users will have less problems with the rangefinder going out of whack as it dampens the small shocks that may cause the rangefinder to go out of calibration on the long term.

Do you find that to be true? Maybe I should start a new poll. :D
I've decided to go down the rabbit hole of adjusting it myself, but proceed at your own risk: M9 - coincidence at infinity - Leica User Forum

wosim

I have both and use both together: Leica Handgrip and Artisan & Artist Halfcase for Handgrip.

Why? The Handgrip, because I don't use a neckstrap, only a selfmade handstrap, which lets me carrying the M9 in a very relaxed and secure way. The halfcase, because it protects the camera and my fingers don't freeze on the camera, if it's cold.

edwardkaraa

This A&A case for M9 with grip looks very interesting. Can you please give more details? I looked it up and somehow it doesn't look as nicely made as the standard case.

wosim

This A&A case for M9 with grip looks very interesting. Can you please give more details? I looked it up and somehow it doesn't look as nicely made as the standard case.
In my opinion, it's perfect. It fits my M9 and the handgrip like a glove. I use it for over a year and it's still not easy to take it off the camera, because it simpy fits perfectly. If you take it off, you can see how sturdy the halfcase is. The leather is quite thick - not glove-like, so I think it's a good protection. Stitching is perfect.

The halfcase is not cheap, but in my eyes a high-quality product.:thumbup: