The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Train to Milan, 18.35

vieri

M2, 2.8/50 Elmar @ 2.8 or thereabouts, Arista Premium 100, 510-Pyro, Coolscan 5000. C&C as always are very welcome :D

helenhill

Quite lovely the Range from Darks to Lights ....
I just ordered some EFKE
and looking at your shot I will now add the arista

How do You like it ?

best to you- H :)

vieri

Quite lovely the Range from Darks to Lights ....
I just ordered some EFKE
and looking at your shot I will now add the arista

How do You like it ?

best to you- H :)
Hello Helen,

I love Efke 25 & 50 both; never tried the 100-400 though. Which ones did you get?

Arista Premium 100 is supposed (rumored) to be Kodak Plus-X, which is probably my favorite 100 ISO film. The Arista looks very very similar, developed for the same time as the Kodak; price, of course, is on the Arista's side :D

HansAlbert

Tracks, platform, safety margin, catenaries, a passing train, roofs, pillars, lights – all these elements let the vanishing point appear dominant, create a pull to it and make the foreground kind of empty and desolate. The phantom speed to this central point compels the eye to deliberately stop when looking at the waiting rail travellers, and when reading the destination "Milano" you cannot avoid being visually distracted by the vague vanishing distance. The expectant mood of the travellers is evoked in the viewers of the photo, too, and the train journey has already begun before the train has arrived.

helenhill

Hello Helen,

I love Efke 25 & 50 both; never tried the 100-400 though. Which ones did you get?

Arista Premium 100 is supposed (rumored) to be Kodak Plus-X, which is probably my favorite 100 ISO film. The Arista looks very very similar, developed for the same time as the Kodak; price, of course, is on the Arista's side :D
I Ordered the 400 as well as the Arista 100 ....Should be here SOON... YEA!!
Best to You-H

vieri

Tracks, platform, safety margin, catenaries, a passing train, roofs, pillars, lights – all these elements let the vanishing point appear dominant, create a pull to it and make the foreground kind of empty and desolate. The phantom speed to this central point compels the eye to deliberately stop when looking at the waiting rail travellers, and when reading the destination "Milano" you cannot avoid being visually distracted by the vague vanishing distance. The expectant mood of the travellers is evoked in the viewers of the photo, too, and the train journey has already begun before the train has arrived.
Thank you very much Hans for the comment, as usual very much to the point :D

I Ordered the 400 as well as the Arista 100 ....Should be here SOON... YEA!!
Best to You-H
Very cool! Let me know what you think of them when you have a chance :D

Hi Vieri,

What a lovely photograph. You really feel there waiting for the train.
Thank you very much Ed, much appreciated :D