The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Putting Faces to Names - (i.e. the Selfie thread)

erudolph

I agree, Vivek. This is an awesome and enjoyable thread. My wife is sitting here laughing at the jump from Yoga in the Himalayas to drink in hand in Death Valley.

jonoslack

There are very few of my pictures anywhere from any time and this is the first time ever I am posting mine.
HI Vivek - great to see you . . . . it's interesting (to me at least) that you look just as I imagined you - so the big question is what is the cause, and what is the effect :)

. . . maybe it's just that you look like an older version of your son - and to be honest I didn't have the moustache.

V

Vivek

Nice to finally see you, my friend!

Cheers,
Cheers, Simon! :)

I agree, Vivek. This is an awesome and enjoyable thread. My wife is sitting here laughing at the jump from Yoga in the Himalayas to drink in hand in Death Valley.
Yeah, I think, it was the "wild man" JLM's images that pushed me to it. :)

HI Vivek - great to see you . . . . it's interesting (to me at least) that you look just as I imagined you - so the big question is what is the cause, and what is the effect :)

. . . maybe it's just that you look like an older version of your son - and to be honest I didn't have the moustache.
Thanks, Jono. :)

Yup, there is a remarkable similarity. I like the greying hair and still keep the mustache because I used to get mistaken for someone much much younger. :)

Maggie O

Hmm. Reviewing this thread i detect a gender bias. Is it: women don't shoot Leicas; women don't hang out at GetDPI; women don't post selfies.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own! :LOL::D

I'm With Coco, July, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Bathtub, Minneapolis, MN, 1987 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

November 06, 2004 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Mirror Self-Portrait with Fill Flash, February 12, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

El Chompo Gatto, December 20, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Glacier flight by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Self-Portrait, February, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Maggie playing the 1927 Martin 00-15 by Michael Berch, on Flickr

Maggie heads out by Michael Berch, on Flickr

Well, that should address the balance! :ROTFL:

Michiel Schierbeek

This is fun and I see faces I thought I never would get to see them!
So why not me? Talking about old and grumpy :ROTFL:

Michiel

This one is not a mirror but some stainless steel plate in the street a few years ago.

And here got caught by my daughter with the Canon FD 85/1.2L in the streets.

tsjanik

I just found this thread - it's great, but in some ways it's like seeing the face of someone you've only heard on the radio: the mental image rarely agrees with real one, e.g. ceh, even the gender is wrong!
Here’s one my wife took a few years ago in France; I’m carrying a Pentax 67 with a 35mm fisheye.

I really enjoy the behind the scenes thread as well, so here's the image I got with the fisheye:

Last edited:

Godfrey

Ok, dredged up a few more ...

Sunnyvale 2009

Tokyo 2002

New Rochelle 1958

Larchmont 1984

Cupertino 1996​

We are all these people.

StephenPatterson

Cars, trains, scuba, motorcycles, helicopters...might as well have an airplane shot.

In the aviation community these types of photos are referred to as "I love me" shots. This was a four ship formation practice flight in the AT-6s a few days before the EAA airshow in Oshkosh, WI. The passenger in the rear of the lead ship took this and sent it to me, sorry I don't have the name of the photographer, and I will not post this again without removing the boilerplate copyright info that Lightroom pasted here.

mathomas

OK, and a couple more just for fun. Always liked to play with light.

From about seven years ago (before the gray took over my beard):

self portrait by mike thomas, on Flickr

From many years ago (about 1976), pretty sure it was with a Kodak Tourist on B (...or T? Can't remember -- I still have the camera in a box somewhere):

playing with light by mike thomas, on Flickr