The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Putting Faces to Names - (i.e. the Selfie thread)

ashwinrao1

slow Tuesday eve....So a few silly selfies were in order...I call these "Bokeh-selfies", in order of decreasing yellow shift..;)

I'm calling this one the "It's getting late-bokeh-selfie" shot...

D&A

Nice ones Ashwin. Hmmm, hood a little beat up...wear on it's edges, smooth bokeh...must be a older classic lens you're trying out? Which one?

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Dave, it was the Canon 85 mm f/1.8 LTM!
Thanks Ashwin! Very smooth, creamy bokeh from what I can tell. I've had a chance to purchase a Canon 85mm f1.8 a few times, but I passed. Maybe I should reconsider for the next time.

Dave (D&A)

teeraash

Thanks everyone.
Edward: I should have Zeiss 25mm soon from Germany. Thanks for the information.
Ashwin: that picture was taken by my wife and she should be very glad to hear that a member of this forum likes it.

Peter Klein

I just revisited this thread after about a month, and my laughter could be heard far and wide! What a fun thread! Especially appreciated the "Hulk shots" and "The Many Faces of Ash." :D

Here's one from New Year's Eve, with me, my better half, and a menorah featuring a "bolt guy" band. Our host is a cellist.

Self portrait by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

--Peter

Peter Klein

emr: Yes, she does, doesn't she! I sometimes call her the Minister of Culture because she's Russian-born and censors my photos of her. But she also says I take better pictures of her than anyone ever has, and she lets me buy the gear I want, so I can't complain *too* much... :)

PatrickCheung

Hello! I used to post here a lot... but I've gotten really busy lately. Hope I'm still welcome to post!

Here's the most recent photo of me... 19 years old :)

Here's me... and my other half :)

And this is a... self-family portrait (I set up the camera and lights) :) This is from almost 3 years ago

hillary.hc.chang

before anyone else posts after Pat, it's my turn!

one from an olympus XA's self timer mode, on my birthday this past year :)

and then one with my R-D1 a few months before the last photo

and one taken by Patrick, my better half :)