The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images of Hanoi's West Lake

nowherean

Hi everyone, I've been living/working in Hanoi for the past few months and sort of started documenting life around the area here. Wanted to share the images with you, most taken with the M9. It's being serviced in Singapore, and now I'm really missing it. Well here is the link: stuck in bardo

V

Vivek

I liked a couple of images in that (6 and 10?). I am not sure how the captions fit the images from an exclusive area of Hanoi.

nowherean

Thank you for kind feedback guys. It's the first time that I've put together a set of images that work together to tell a story.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely images :thumbup:
I haven't been to Hanoi in over a year. Must go back soon. It's such a lovely, photogenic city.

nowherean

Thank you everyone for kind words. I've put few more images up on the blog. It's not a gallery really just an ongoing thing. Some images may "feel" better than others, but in general I personally like them all, as they work collectively to tell a story through a unique POV of this interesting area.

I really wanted to make this project with my M9 and 28 cron. Now that my camera is being serviced in Germany I'm shooting with my girlfriends NEX-7 + a kit lens. Big drop in image quality, but at least I can still shoot.