The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

An interesting article in the Guardian

jonoslack

Hi Jono - Us old Camborne Tech. boys sticking together eh?
. . . . . . . Camborne Tech? Where's that :facesmack::ROTFL::chug:

Chris, I'm sorry, I should know who you are? But I don't (alzheimer's strikes again) . . . . . although perhaps jonoslack is a bit more explicit that Chris C. . . added to which, my avatar was taken about then!

For others - I was at Camborne tech between . . .1968 and 1970? In the deep dark days of Deep Purple and the Pink Fairies (and much to many chemicals).

Chris - reveal yourself!

S

Sarah Lee

Sorry to come to this so late. Just for the record I definitely in no way was sponsered by Leica to write that piece in the Guardian. I had my arm twisted by the picture editor to provide a blog about the camera I'd been carrying everywhere with me recently. I had never written any kind of blog/ journalistic piece before which may explain how amateur hour ish my prose was. I was asked to write about "why I love it", and then the sub editors seemed to edit in to a "worth the money" piece. I'm slightly embarrassed about that aspect of it. But I can definitively promise that I was not sponsered in any way. Actually I regretted the whole thing - I'm far too thin skinned to cope with the comments etc that came after. But it did have a silver lining in that Leica have since offered to lend [LEND not give!!] me an M9 and a couple of different lenses to use on a project I'm about to do in the US, so given that it probably was worth the hassle. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this thread. And yes, my name is a very cake-y name, but in the 1970's int he uk [when I was born] that brand wasn't known over here. Heigh ho..

V

Vivek

But it did have a silver lining in that Leica have since offered to lend [LEND not give!!] me an M9 and a couple of different lenses to use on a project I'm about to do in the US, so given that it probably was worth the hassle.
Awesome! :thumbs: