The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about SFEX supplied with MM

erudolph

Hi all, I just installed the Nik Silver Efex software that is supplied with the MM. The software installed as a helper application for LightRoom but not for Photoshop. Isn't it possible to use it with PS?

fotografz

Hi all, I just installed the Nik Silver Efex software that is supplied with the MM. The software installed as a helper application for LightRoom but not for Photoshop. Isn't it possible to use it with PS?
Yes, with the regular Nik Silver Efex, it loads to any available processing software ... it is unfortunate that PS is a separate plug-in for this version. It should have the option to load to LR, PS and Aperture if you have them on your machine.

IMO, it is important to have it in PS because it works in layers.

I have Nik and PS designated as "Open In" in the LR drop down menu, so I have a choice of layers or not.

-Marc

borge

Umm i av using my version with both ps and LR. I downloaded the latest version from Nik directly and used the leica registration key. You can specify and add hosts (applications) under the SEP installation process. By specifying the PS plug-in folder there it will be installed in PS as well as LR.

seakayaker

When you purchase directly from NIK (google) your options are "Lightroom and Aperture" only or "Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture".

When buying the NIK complete set there is a $100.00 difference, at least that what it was buying with an educational institution discount. Not sure how the download copy is licensed.