The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

R Lux'- who is still holding on to them?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Impressive work by the two developers . I keep looking for the flaws but the developers have an impressive track record . Was just shooting yesterday with the 50 and 80 R summiluxes on my D800E s ....couldn t be happier with those two lenses .

Taylor Sherman

Wow, this is definitely cool. I think the lens becomes "faster" in terms of exposure, but not in terms of DOF, correct? As the geometry from the subject to the entrance pupil doesn't change.

This is really tempting. Wonder if a Nikon-Sony is forthcoming? The enhanced light is great but widening the lenses is perhaps better. Well, having the *option* to widen them that is!

monza

Yes, the combined optic still is subject to the crop-adjusted DOF as any adapted lens.

Nikon F to NEX, yes, it's coming.

V

Vivek

Wow, this is definitely cool. I think the lens becomes "faster" in terms of exposure, but not in terms of DOF, correct? As the geometry from the subject to the entrance pupil doesn't change.

This is really tempting. Wonder if a Nikon-Sony is forthcoming? The enhanced light is great but widening the lenses is perhaps better. Well, having the *option* to widen them that is!
If you look at the white paper, the prototype was in fact a Nikon F mount one.
There could be production reasons for the EOS mount being the first.

Yes, it will be coming soon and the aperture control, as Roger observed about the developers and their back ground would be a good quality one (understatement). :)

Seascape

I have held onto my 35 and 80 Summilux R's, just great lenses with all sorts of applications these days.....especially with the new M :thumbs:

paul25

I am just curious...
Wouldn't this adapter become obsolete when, let say, Sony comes up with FF Nex-series camera?

monza

How much is the full frame NEX going to be? Does the RX1 offer any clues?

How much is an f/1.0 lens that will work on full frame?

V

Vivek

I am just curious...
Wouldn't this adapter become obsolete when, let say, Sony comes up with FF Nex-series camera?
As long as there is an APS-C NEX camera in the market, it will be still useful. Like Robert points out, how much will one f/1 (forget about f/0.9) lens cost for a FF NEX?