The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon T+S on a Leica M

postman

I want to use my Nikon T+S lenses on my Leica M. I am looking for recommendations for a good quality adapter, if available.

Thanks.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Novoflex LEM/NIK NT. I tried a Nikon shift lens out on my M9 a few years ago. Worked perfectly.

V

Vivek

There is only ONE T/S lens that is usable, namely the PC Micro Nikkor 85/2.8 (first version). The rest are all E versions requiring a Nikon body to set the apertures.

AFAIK, there are no adapters that would let you operate the apertures on the PC-E Nikkors.

The earlier shift only lenses, of course, are fully manual lenses.

The PC Micro Nikkor 85/2.8 (if you own it) alone is worth the bother to buy an adapter. Even without movements, it is a superb lens though it is a little monster in terms of size and heft.