The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Expectations for the New M

robertwright

I would have rather they included IS and then had a button to turn it off.

I expect it to be better than the M9 most if not all aspects, but I also expect complaints about how it is too perfect and lacks character if Leica doesn't include a quirk or two. =)
yes the rule of thumb is that all leica products are perfect until the new one comes out, then that is perfect, but the previous version has the "glow" that is missing from the new version, so it becomes sought after as much as the new version which is perfect.

:ROTFL:

Godfrey

yes the rule of thumb is that all leica products are perfect until the new one comes out, then that is perfect, but the previous version has the "glow" that is missing from the new version, so it becomes sought after as much as the new version which is perfect.

:ROTFL:
Next I bet we're gonna hear how a Metabones Speed Booster is really essential to use with a Noctilux for the new M and why oh why isn't it available yet?

G

D&A

Next I bet we're gonna hear how a Metabones Speed Booster is really essential to use with a Noctilux for the new M and why oh why isn't it available yet?

G
Lets see, in general terms, the Metabones Speed Booster among other things increases the speed of the lens by approx 1 f-stop. Hmmm, how much faster does it make that 0.95 Noct? :). Soon we won't even need to see the subject we're shooting in the dark.....simply point the camera/lens in the general direction and press the button...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

douglasf13

Since the A900, 5Dii, D3x and M9 generation of FF cameras, I feel that the IQ has gotten good enough that, even compared to today's cameras, things are starting to feel like choosing between one's film preference, rather than being a necessary IQ improvement. While I'm sure that the M 240 will have better DR and lower overall noise than my M9, I've got to ask myself whether that really matters to me, anymore, since I only shoot for myself these days. I do like some of the body improvements, like the shutter and weather sealing, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to trade up for.

As far as IBIS, I'd imagine that it would add some size to the body, which I already wish was slightly smaller like the film Ms. Here is a pic of the A900's FF sensor and IBIS housing, to give you an idea (a900 sensor on left.)
http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sony_alpha_900_chong_7.jpg

iiiNelson

G
I think it only works with SLR lenses (and cropped sensors) and not M lenses or full frame bodies.