The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP - in Paris and have ISO issues on DMR - DANG!!!

fotografz

Be well Peter. Have a safe trip home. Damned stuff always seems to happen when least convenient ... not that illness is ever "convenient".

woodyspedden

Sorry to hear about your leg - hope that recovers well for you and that your next trip is trouble free.
Peter

All the best for a quick and total recovery.

Whatever you do, don't bleed on all that newly acquired Leica R gear.

Best

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Peter,
Let me add my wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Kind of puts things in perspective when something like this happens. Sure glad your doctor got the diagnosis right.

PeterA

Thanks everyone for your good wishes - I am breathing a sigh of relief now after getting through the 24 hour flight back from Europe scenario...(just) LOL

please ignore any strange posts I might make over the next few weeks - my two companions are pain and medication ....:ROTFL:

good thing is I havent had a cigarette this calendar year :clap::clap::clap: may be worth the whole experience if it ends up I have dropped that 20 year habit.

now back to photos and gear talk :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Peter glad you made it home safe and sound. Get well and if we see a strange post than we will just think of it as the Meds working. LOL

Good on you on the smoking issue, I'm failing badly and need to get back on my meds. for that one myself.

PeterA

Thanks Guy - I must say that the enforced hospital stay and the mtallic taste in my mouth from the GA and drugs...has altered my taste buds..smoke now tinks and makes me feel quite nauseous...so maybe that would be serious aversion therapy??:ROTFL::ROTFL:

now back at work and the market are continuing to melt down..thanks to global concerns about your stoopid investment bank lending activities..grief everywhere..must take som retail therapy and buy a lens ..what do you think?:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
now back at work and the market are continuing to melt down..thanks to global concerns about your stoopid investment bank lending activities..grief everywhere..
Glad you're back at work!

On the grief side, maybe just short the dollar and go long on Gold for six more months until the replacement regime has taken shape.

:D,

PeterA

Jack the US dollar is oversold - espscially against the Euro...as for Gold..it always goes up slower than it goes down...:D