The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M240 or 6D (interesting post on Diglloyd)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I gave DL a year before I bought my first Leica, an M8. I added his Leica section to my subscription at that point and it didn't take long to realize that he didn't really like rangefinders and didn't have the patience to learn to focus them well. With all due respect to landscape photographers, landscapes are one of the easiest subjects to focus because they don't move much, you can use a tripod, and stop down to have extended DOF. How would he ever be able to focus doing street photography? I let my subscription lapse and have not looked back. Of course, he gets attention with these "comparison" tests... but not from me.
I am also done with Digilloyd! I subscribed in order to learn why Zeiss lenses are better than Nikkors and I actually bought a .4/35 ZF.2 because of his praises, but I should have bought a Nikkor or Sigma instead. He also changes his opinion quite often, kind of camaeleon like ....

WRT to Leica M versus Canon 6D I do not even pay attention any more. Good luck to him anyway!