The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Purim

scott kirkpatrick

It's not really like Halloween, but has neat costumes, a very noisy religious service and takes over the schools here in Israel for a whole week, followed by some vacation. And it happens in February. Here are some examples of this morning's crew:

The costumes get pretty elaborate, gifts are exchanged, prizes awarded. The three Barbies in boxes won a prize this year. My daughter, Luli, is the tall one.

scott

MikalWGrass

Scotty (I would call you by your Hebrew name but I don't know it),

Great shots. I had no idea that it was so warm in Jerusalem this time of year.

We are going to the Megillah reading in Coconut Grove on Saturday night and then the festival on Sunday at the Chabad of South Miami. I use a Sony (don't own a digital M) so if anything turns out good I will post them on the Sony forum. By the way, I shot last year's Megillah reading with a film M. I will post them, if I can find them, on the M film forum.

Chag Sameach chabibi.

Mikal