The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M240 ...?

Muizen

My age brings some problems for using my M9: not so good eye sight and kind of shaky hands.
I studied in detail the photos I took last year and noticed that far too many are not really sharp.
This is, I think, more a consequence of not precise focussing than of shaky hands.

I did invest in a Walter eyepiece to improve focussing accuracy, but the Walter did not really improve much.

Since this lack of sharpness is also visible in many shots in higher shutter speeds I strongly doubt that my unstable hands did cause the problem?

I now would like to find out whether it is realistic to expect that precise focussing the new M will be easier than my M9?
If I can convince myself that this is the case I will order the new M.
If not, I might buy the Sony RX1 which is not only an impressing camera but for me more importantly very easy in focusing precisely.
Since a large part of my last year's shots were in 35mm, dealing with the fixed 35mm lens of the RX1 would not be a too limiting factor.

However this would be a step back out of the Leica world!
Harry

P.S. I posted this also on another Forum

wosim

Are you really sure, that it is your sight and not a decalibrated rangefinder or lens? With a magnifier you should not have a problem with lenses up to 50mm, even wide open. Get other people sharp images with your camera and lens?

I collected here

https://sites.google.com/site/wosimsphotography/technische-probleme---technical-issues

some information under "Back / front focus" and "Entfernungsmesser / Rangefinder", which could be helpful identifying the problem.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Are you really sure, that it is your sight and not a decalibrated rangefinder or lens? With a magnifier you should not have a problem with lenses up to 50mm, even wide open. Get other people sharp images with your camera and lens?

I collected here

https://sites.google.com/site/wosimsphotography/technische-probleme---technical-issues

some information under "Back / front focus" and "Entfernungsmesser / Rangefinder", which could be helpful identifying the problem.
I am also a sufferer from eyesight that prevents use of a rangefinder.
A combination of cataracts and astigmatism makes focus almost impossible.
In the coming year I plan to have the surgery to have my lenses replaced and hopefully at that point I will be able to use rangefinders once more.
-bob

Muizen

I collected here

Thank you for info.
It really is my eye sight. My wife can do much better than I can, and she doesn't even like my rangefinder camera!
Harry

sisoje

If I would have an issue with my sight and problem focusing my Leica, I would sell it and get in to Fuji X system the same day... They call it "digital Contax G2", don't they?

For the money left behind, I would take my wife for a nice holiday...