The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

YES!

monza

FWIW, I got confirmation today that Leica has only shipped a relative handful of cameras. Some sales regions only were shipped one unit to the entire region. From the looks of things, they are being extremely cautious, in case there are unforeseen issues. I'm not the first person to state this here, of course. So, to all the early adopters...happy beta testing! :)

So, I guess it's no real surprise there is already an update...

Double Negative

Not Available
I've heard a total of 150 units including demo units worldwide. But that seems awfully low. Especially if 15,000 pre-orders is true.

algrove

Well that didn't take long! Leica has already released firmware v1.1.0.2 today.
Thanks. Do a spell check on your headline.

So it seems all the lenses corrected are wide angle. Strange that came up now. Like Monza said us early adopters are Beta testers. I guess I'd rather be a Beta testers than no tester.

In France IF a dealer got a unit they are NOT allowed to sell it for 2-3 months and had to send the warranty card back to the importer. What crap. Control is still in their blood. So some are assuming they can sell the second unit, whenever that occurs!

Double Negative

Not Available
D'ohhh! Fixed, thanks. ;)

Yeah, I saw that. I guess they forgot something or the beta tes... Err... Lucky first customers found something.

That's weird about France - was it always like that?

algrove

Actually no. My wife got the first MM delivered in the world from what could be found out and that was in France. Go figure!

Double Negative

Not Available
That makes some sense. Development, at least on the firmware side didn't end very long ago at all. The files are probably still warm...

Today's update was probably a quick "crap, we forgot this!" fix. :p

segedi

Just curious as to who ordered the chrome model as I did. With the thought that, BP for my M7 with B&W film and chrome for color ... and I thought it would be less popular and I would get it faster!

jonoslack

Hi Lou
Good Luck - I'm waiting for mine as well!

As for the tests . . . . why not relax, take some shots and learn the camera first!

I guess it could be heavy shoulders for me. Possible comparisons:

M versus M9 obviously

M versus MM obviously

M versus RX-1-it comes next week too.

M versus 5D3

M versus P45+ V mount

Oh my gosh, will I have any time to just out and shoot?

algrove

Hi Lou
Good Luck - I'm waiting for mine as well!

As for the tests . . . . why not relax, take some shots and learn the camera first!
You are absolutely correct, Jono. Could not agree more. There is not much about the camera that does not truly excite me. Video is the least of my worries. Since the R adapter is not now available I will just use my Novoflex for the many and varied R possibilities.

Do believe the APO is my first choice, but I usually walk around with a 35. So that I am on familiar ground I will probably just take the 35/1.4 to start with.

These are exciting times and thanks to your input I am sure we are getting these M's faster as a result. It's early 2013. Actually very early 2013!

I wonder why that did a FW update today? It seems all lenses affected are wide angle.

jonoslack

I wonder why that did a FW update today? It seems all lenses affected are wide angle.
I don't know - but I suspect it might have been easier to let the punter do it than unpack all those boxes?

Has it arrived yet?
all the best
Jono

V

Vivek

I guess it could be heavy shoulders for me. Possible comparisons:

M versus M9 obviously

M versus MM obviously

M versus RX-1-it comes next week too.

M versus 5D3

M versus P45+ V mount

Oh my gosh, will I have any time to just out and shoot?
Barring the Rex1, everything else has interchangeable lens possibility. So, the possibilities are endless!