The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

To Bosnia with the M8

bonatto

The country is a bit off the beaten path, considering european tourism. In 2011 Bosnia welcomed just under 700k visitors. To put in into perspective, neighboring Croatia received 11.2 million visitors.

It's nearing 20 years since the signing on Dayton Accords which marked the end of a three and a half year war in Bosnia, following the dissolution of Yugoslavia, but the scars are still evident throughout, especially in Sarajevo.

Overall it was a very insightful experience, the people being generally very welcoming and warm. The countryside I passed offers some absolutely stunning views, especially under the cover of snow. I can only imagine what it must be like during summer.

Here are a few initial ones from the travels, hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

Fred Bonatto

Jorgerubia

Amazing what the simple and now little regarded M8 can deliver... but also a great example that it is the photographer that counts not so much the camera. Love the images and the "look" can you elaborate on the PP and whether you are using an IR filter on which lenses etc? Bravo !!!

bonatto

Amazing what the simple and now little regarded M8 can deliver... but also a great example that it is the photographer that counts not so much the camera. Love the images and the "look" can you elaborate on the PP and whether you are using an IR filter on which lenses etc? Bravo !!!
Thank you. The M8 is a gem of a camera, and now a value-priced entry ticket to the digital rangefinder niche.

Most of these were shot at low ISO (either 160 or 320), with "classic" rendering lenses: Mandler's 28mm Elmarit VIII, and the little Summarit 35mm F2.5.

PP wise, straight Lightroom processing, manual adjustment of levels, etc.

Regards,

Fred Bonatto

Jorgerubia

Thank You for the information much appreciated. I still have the M8.2 and keep it because of its unique B&W interpretation, but I forgot how good it can be at lower iso's for color. Again much praise for the work, Fred.

Regards
Jorge

rayyan

Bravo Fred.

A wonderful glimpse of a place I would love to visit.

Thank you so very much for sharing these with us.:salute:

Best regards.