The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Monochrom competition

airfrogusmc

iiiNelson

Let's see if they take a cue from Leica and charge more for the version without the CFA :D
They charged more for the old version of the Achromatic so I don't think they will do anything differently seeing how this one is technically better than the last and is still a special limited release product...

V

Vivek

These are no competition to the MM. The MM is a camera while all these are just digital backs requiring a camera.

It is a pity that none have liveview.

V

Vivek

Let's see if they take a cue from Leica and charge more for the version without the CFA :D
When the demand drops in about an year, they can sell it for about 500 Euros less and still turn a tidy profit. Really impressive stuff from Leica. :)

V

Vivek

Instead of dreaming about vaporware, I am getting an MM. Life is too short.

This back and a technical camera and live view would make for a grate street camera?

Last edited:

grappa

Vaporware ? Are you talking about the Leica ? I have been trying to find one since they came out. Why do they make a product and keep it in such short supply ?

PeterA

Vaporware ? Are you talking about the Leica ? I have been trying to find one since they came out. Why do they make a product and keep it in such short supply ?
I noticed two or three for sale on this forum in the last week.