The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9

dseelig

Am i missing something I am sellign my m9 with 13800 shutter releases. I get an email trying to tell me wiht that number he would have to get a new shutter really or is he just tring to lowball me. I really want to know.
David

jstaben

Don't sell it for less than $3500 someone will buy it at that price. M9s for $3500....good days ahead for new Leica users.

mmbma

I'm the one who made the offer and inquiry. I think it was a valid question since I never owned a m9 with 13k actuations. I wondered if its going to be a big expense for me if the shutter breaks down. Your experience is not a currency for you to try to humiliate me in the forum and then send me a link to this thread through a private message. If you don't want to accept my offer, then don't. No need to be rude. You put up an asking price, people are allowed to make a counter. If you are able to sell at the asking price then I guess we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hosermage

Hi mmbma, I don't think 13k actuations is anything to worry about. I've bought my M9 second hand with 30k+ about 11 months ago, and it's now at around 37000. Still going strong, of course, now that I've said it, it will probably break down tomorrow :D

Whether you still want to purchase it is your decision, but I, personally, would not worry too much about the shutter counts. I'd worry more if it's a 4 year old camera with only 1000 actuations.

dseelig

HI Mmbma
I posted this so you would be no known on purpose I asked a question in case I was missing something. That you named your self is on you not me. I have sold the camera for my asking price. good luck to you. I meant no harm as I did not name you and asked the community here if I missed an issue with the camera. Thanks everybody for your input. Mmbma I sent you the link so you would know it was no problem.
David

jstaben

I'm the one who made the offer and inquiry. I think it was a valid question since I never owned a m9 with 13k actuations. I wondered if its going to be a big expense for me if the shutter breaks down. Your experience is not a currency for you to try to humiliate me in the forum and then send me a link to this thread through a private message. If you don't want to accept my offer, then don't. No need to be rude. You put up an asking price, people are allowed to make a counter. If you are able to sell at the asking price then I guess we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Hey buddy chill! Sure it's a valid question and it's also OK for someone to ask others' opinion on the question! No one named you as he said! There's nothing wrong with lowballing too that's OK. Happy shooting and hope you get up to 13k actuations some day!

jubbaa

To be fair Dseelig never named you so I fail to see how he humiliated you.

I think this was all done with the right intention. Your original enquiry was valid to you as you have no experience with the M9 , and Dseelig's posting here ( not naming you ) was also valid and genuine as he states he really wants to know if he is missing something, finally he sends you a link to reassure that 14k is a low count in its expected life cycle.

I also learned today that my M9 is good for 150K shutter clicks.

Good luck with your hunt for an M9 , hope you manage to land one soon and start to enjoy the camera as much as I do.

James.