The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Great time to be buying

VINCET

Not sure if it is the bad economy, or a glut of camera equipment out there but if anyone is planning to buy lens or cameras (Nikon and Leica are what I use. Not sure about Canon or others), it seems like a great time to buy. Seems like there are lots of pretty good lenses and bodies at great prices lately.

VINCET

Lou, right now, I think I am pretty much set with my Leica setup. The price seems to be lower lately. Example is 6 months ago, the going rate for the 50mm lux asph was at MSRP or higher. Even if they are used. Right now, I've seen them as low as $3000. 28mm 2.8 ASPH in mint was going for over $2K before and now, it seems like people are struggle to sell them at $1600.

Vince

MirekE

The 50 Lux (and others) are now readily available in stores, so there is no reason to pay MSRP for used.

Double Negative

Not Available
Exactly - the stock has backfilled through dealers, the new M is slow to deliver and perhaps some people are liquidating to fund the latter. Then there's the economy, etc.

Kokoshawnuff

It took a a pretty long time, with several price cuts, to sell my Summicron 35 asph for $2050 (a lens that was selling used 2.5 years ago for $3000), but I was also able to buy a new Summilux 35 FLE from an authorized dealer for a couple hundred under retail. So what I lost in the sale I regained in the purchase.

So if you're planning on selling, you just have to buy a replacement to get your money lost back ;)

mmbma

are you trading yours in? :) I don't see much improvement in the new S or amImissing something