The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Faces From China

jstaben

Thanks for sharing Jono very nice. These are much more colorful photos than your last trip to China! :D

V

Vivek

Very nice collection, Jono.

I will have to say (though I do not know how they would look printed) there are vestiges of banding in a few shots.

Knorp

Thanks for sharing this fine series, Jono.
I hope you have had a wonderful trip.
My fav: #53

All the best.

Last edited:

D&A

Jono, thoroughly enjoyed your faces of China! A lovely selection and representation of the various facets of life and aspects of daily life in such a diversified country. I especially liked viewing your monochrom images shortly after the color ones and they together gave a nice balance. I'm sure stories and memories accompany many of the images. A nice end to my eveing :)

Dave (D&A)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Jono,

really enjoyed this! Great work!

You seem to come along pretty well with the new M :)

Peter

jonoslack

Great images. My favs are 22/29/33/53.
Happy Easter, Tom
HI Tom
Thanks for that - good to know what people like. I think I agree.
I've been trying to think of something to say on your GAS thread, but the only suggestion I can make is that you buy my secondhand 24 'lux :ROTFL:

I've just fought off a real temptation to get a D800E, I'm just going to stick with my Leica and the OMD - they compliment each other nicely, and the OMD will be good with our new puppy (we're collecting her tomorrow).

all the best

jonoslack

Ashwin, Ario, Peter, Dave, Peter Bart and others
Many thanks for the kind words. It was fun shooting them!
All the best

erudolph

New puppy. Now that's a commitment. We just brought home a little dog after being without for about 3 years; we'd forgotten what it is. A while back a friend who knew I had a couple of terriers told me, "I just got a dog. Now I get it!" I realized that since I'd been without one for a while I no longer got it.

But back to the topic. First off, thanks for those photos Jono, as always! Out of curiosity, did you tend to use the optical rangefinder or EVF or LV?

jonoslack

New puppy. Now that's a commitment. We just brought home a little dog after being without for about 3 years; we'd forgotten what it is. A while back a friend who knew I had a couple of terriers told me, "I just got a dog. Now I get it!" I realized that since I'd been without one for a while I no longer got it.
Ah yes - we haven't forgotten - Caspar is only just three, but he seems to need a friend!

But back to the topic. First off, thanks for those photos Jono, as always! Out of curiosity, did you tend to use the optical rangefinder or EVF or LV?
Almost exclusively rangefinder (a decision after spending so much of the last few months working with Live view).

Braeside

Jono,

Welcome back and thanks for posting the photos. My favourites have to be 21 - very well seen, and 53 - great use of light.

Enjoy the new puppy - what breed?

Mike Woods

Hi Jono, welcome back and I hope you're well.

I put a deposit down on the new M today. I'm no. 3 I think on the list but I'm in no hurry...have the M9 to sell first.

So tell us....now that you have a few months of the M under your belt, what do you really think of it?

All the best..

Mike

Knorp

:OT: that teaser on your website drives me crazy, but I'll be a good boy and be patiently waiting for it's release ... :watch:

wuffstuff

I've just fought off a real temptation to get a D800E, I'm just going to stick with my Leica and the OMD - they compliment each other nicely, and the OMD will be good with our new puppy (we're collecting her tomorrow).
I've just fought the same battle and, like yourself, decided to stay with the small sized and light OMD, with my M9.

As for the new puppy, we at wuffstuff.com are looking forward to some additional business, and plenty of photographs. Dogs and photography are made for each other.

Paratom

HI Tom
Thanks for that - good to know what people like. I think I agree.
I've been trying to think of something to say on your GAS thread, but the only suggestion I can make is that you buy my secondhand 24 'lux :ROTFL:

all the best
Congrats to resist the DSLR.
One 24Lux is enough ;)
But is one of the lenses I don't really use much. Seems if I want go wide I like 21mm.
Looking forward to some puppy images!