The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 JPEGs...

Godfrey

You know, ever since I started contemplating buying the M9, all I kept reading was how awful its in-camera JPEGs are and how much you have to work with raw files only.

I'm on travel, have it set to JPEG+raw since I'm only carrying the iPad to look at pics with. Yesterday I banged out a couple hundred exposures at a wedding and imported a dozen or two to the 'Pad for a spot check. #1- The Color Skopar 35 and Nokton 50 are really wonderful lenses. #2- the JPEGs are really quite nice! I'm sure I can improve on some of them with the raws, but many are quite good enough to hand to the bride just as they are.

I get happier with the M9 the more I use it. :)

G

V

Vivek

Are your lenses 6 bit coded to deal with the colors, Godfrey?

Godfrey

Are your lenses 6 bit coded to deal with the colors, Godfrey?
No.
I set the lens code equivalents manually. (I have the user settings arranged so that I can swap to 50-35-90 using the SET menu after I change lenses.)

G

jonoslack

I'm with you on this Godfrey - I think the jpgs are fine (just as they are on the new M).
Seriously underrated - I discovered it the same way (wanting to get the images on the iPad when out and about).

All the best

algrove

Agree as I started shooting jpeg+Raw on some trips so I could easily send OOC jpegs to the wife relatively fast and painless. They are just wonderful on the M9 and as Jono mentions so are the M-240 jpegs as well.