The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 12mm

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great lens Joseph for the money. Actually I like this lens a lot more than there 15mm . I used it without filter though and turned off the IR on in the M8 . Actually many of my Moab shots are shot with this lens from last year. Fun lens and fun to play with the extreme wide angle of it. It is a little slow 5.6 I believe from memory. I think they run about 600 dollars and small enough to stick in a corner pocket of your bag. My final lens selection after going through many lenses on the M8 was the 12, Leica 21, leica 28 cron, 50 1.4 pre asph and the 75 cron and if i went back i would buy the same exact selection. But i do recommend the 12mm it is just a fun lens

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Oh and this one. You will hit all these spots next month. I think we will have 7 or 8 M8 shooters and 6 MF shooters in combination too. Again if anyone needs something Leica i can get some demo's or Jim and Linda may even be there. Now we are a Go have to see if they are coming this time. I know PMA is right after the workshop so not sure

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/1/l9999778.jpg

robertwright

and very fun also on full frame film!!!

I used it on the M8 as guy recommends, filtering it is difficult and not worth it. Nice straight lines. You will use this lens and then go back to dslr's and cry when you see how beautifully it renders in comparison. Sharp at 5.6, so the slowness of the lens is not that bad really, considering what you have, the only rectilinear 12mm lens afaik, for 600 bucks. Also pretty flare resistant, moreso than the 15mm.