The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Lens Price Increases (USA)

monza

Lens New Old Increase
21mm/1.4 7,250 6,995 255
24mm/1.4 7,250 6,995 255
35mm/1.4 5,150 4,995 155
35mm/2.5 1,950 1,895 55
50mm/2.5 1,650 1,495 155
75mm/2.5 1,950 1,895 55
90mm/2.5 1,950 1,895 55
135mm/3.4 3,650 3,495 155

ashwinrao1

Yikes....with even steeper prices, the lenses that aren't moving on shelves won't be moving for a while more...the only pricey lens that seems to want to move is the rare 50 APO-cron, and I am sure eventually, demand on that will slow as well, once the novelty has worn off...

algrove

The APO 50 price increased also (can't remember, but like $150), but is omitted on this list. Surprised the 50/0.95 did not go up. Leica sure likes double 5's this year, i.e., up $55, up $155, up $255. Glad I got my APO 50 "cheap".

Sugar has gone up maybe more than flour.

Last edited:

Jeff S

Yep, from $7195 to $7350 (+$155, or 2.15%) The 50 Summarit went up the most, 10.4%, while the 135 represented the second biggest % jump, up 4.4%, more than double the 50 APO.

Jeff

Gary Clennan

Quite interesting. I am also quite surprised to see how soft the used Leica lens market is... Taking a loooong time for some to sell great lenses at good prices.

retow

Despite the Euro weakening against the USD. The Summarit "budget line" starts to look pricey. Did Zeiss increase prices for their made in Japan ZM lenses?

algrove

Despite the Euro weakening against the USD. The Summarit "budget line" starts to look pricey. Did Zeiss increase prices for their made in Japan ZM lenses?
I know Zeiss ZM lenses went up last year at some point, but have not paid attention to them this year.

Photojazz

Well, this is twice I have beat price increases. I bought a 24mm 6 months before they went up 500 bucks a year or so ago. So, now make that 750 higher. ouch. Now I got the 35 1.4 before it goes up 150. Samys had 3 of them in stock, and I had never been able to find one previously.

as to used prices, I have certainly noticed the softness. I have not had a single hit on my for sale items, and I thought my 35 cron would be a hit for new M owners. So, what does that say, there aren't any new M owners? Just guys that already had M, or does it say they all have lots of money and don't fool with used lenses, just get new ones?

I sure don't know.

iiiNelson

It's crazy to think that the "value" line Summarits are creeping up near the price of where the Summicrons were when the Summarits were introduced about 5 years ago. They're getting dangerously close to doubling in price wih a few more price raises.

edwardkaraa

Zeiss ZM prices are also quite a bit higher than when I bought mine a couple of years ago. It's just inflation, I think.