The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M: Broken auto ISO in M mode

Other cameras that I know do this correctly include the Nikon D3s, D4, D700, D800 as well as a few Pentax bodies. These are ones I know for sure, there may be others. FWIW, the latest Canons come close in that they do the right thing in M mode and Auto ISO (i.e. use the meter to set the ISO) but they have no way to set EC to bias the meter reading.

but if Auto ISO keeps always on 200 you cannot call it not correctly working , it doesn't work at all
If someone could help ? :)

anyway I love the M

Godfrey

Other cameras that I know do this correctly include the Nikon D3s, D4, D700, D800 as well as a few Pentax bodies. These are ones I know for sure, there may be others. FWIW, the latest Canons come close in that they do the right thing in M mode and Auto ISO (i.e. use the meter to set the ISO) but they have no way to set EC to bias the meter reading.
Actually, the Pentax cameras since the K10D have an explicit "TAv" mode, which does what people are claiming the M9 does in Manual with Auto ISO enabled. Their Manual mode does not support Auto ISO, IIRC. (Had *ist DS and K10D bodies.)

G

All Nikon D3 bodies, D800 and D4 do it. Don't know but I bet all their DSLRs after the D3 do it to. So, Leica, let's do it, lets fall in love with manual auto iso and get it on the M240! (This from someone who doesn't plan on getting the M240 btw)

tashley

Subscriber Member
All Nikon D3 bodies, D800 and D4 do it. Don't know but I bet all their DSLRs after the D3 do it to. So, Leica, let's do it, lets fall in love with manual auto iso and get it on the M240! (This from someone who doesn't plan on getting the M240 btw)
I couldn't agree more. It's a no brainer.