The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cosina 15/4.5 on MM

V

Vivek

There has been a mention (from Woody?)that this lens on the Leica MM is a bit of a problem.

I do find that it is since i have the old version that can not take front mount filters (i am trying to modify it to take filters).

Has anyone tried the new C-V 15/4.5 that takes 52mm filters on the MM? If so, how does that work out?

TIA!

I have the new version of the CV 15mm and the Monochrom as well but have never used yet the combination. I will do, but which kind of problem should I expect? I have missed the post you are mentioning.

V

Vivek

Ario, With nofilters, closer distances are fine. At infinity, usually it is "undefined", lacking clarity and contrast.

V

Vivek

Well, an yellow filter appears to be the answer (Still have not put a filter thread mount on my lens yet).

algrove

The R 15/2.8 has a filter rack to choose from 4 different filters-all built-in. Same set up as the R 19mm.

V

Vivek

Yeah they balance well on a R camera. A bit too tiny for the M. :D

algrove

I do not understand since the filters are all internal to the lens. You just rotate a ring and select one of 4 filters. The lens is big, but hand held on the M for me has been fine.

Did you see my posts with this 15/2.8 R lens on the M?

V

Vivek

Louis, Yes, i know lenses with built in filters. I have a few.

I want to use the tiny Cosina 15 and not any humongous beasts. :)

jaapv

Subscriber Member
You can put a 39 mm filter on front and wedge it tight with a piece of elastic band or something similar.

V

Vivek

Jaap, That comes from the M8 days. On an M8 that is not a problem. A solution was offered (prior to the current M mount CV15 with 52 mm filter threads) by John (jlm). I find a 49mm filter placed right, after shaving the hood off is the smallest that this lens can handle without any vignetting on a full frame.