The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M8/M9

Photojazz

With the advent of the M 240, M8 and M9 shots are getting lost in the shuffle now. I'd like to continue to see some seperate from the masses. IF you guys concur, participate.

testing another image

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:

Shashin

Any reason you don't want to join the Newer Fun with Digital M Images thread that is full of M8 and M9 images?

Photojazz

Jim, that image should show now. I tried to display a size that was not set for display, my bad... I upped that gallery a size.

well, obviously, I Struck a nerve trying to have a seperate place by camera, fergetabout it. It's ok, heck, this is the first day I have been here in almost a year. So, far be it from me to upset the apple cart.

Actually, I didn't want every image I looked at to be M 240 and some be 6000 pixels wide. That was my goal.

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
well, obviously, I Struck a nerve trying to have a seperate place by camera, fergetabout it ... I didn't want every image I looked at to be M 240 and some be 6000 pixels wide. That was my goal.
None of the rest of us want the large pics and the OP apologized and said he would fix those :

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/507275-post240.html

I think the concern is trying to follow all the divergent threads on the M(s)....

The mods should have picked up on this and corrected it or locked out the offending size pix...

Please do not take this as a criticism I think most feel the Newer Fun thread is for m8(s)/M9(s) and the Fun with the Leica M is for the new new thing everyone is so excited about.

Your first picture here is wonderful.

Regards,

Bob

D&A

It sometimes gets a bit confusing each time a new body gets released as to whether images from it should go into it's own newly created thread or a previously created one for all other digital M cameras.

If it was possible to go back and change the titles of already existing threads to specifically reflect what camera bodies the thread covers (and by inference doesn't cover), it might simply things a little. Just a thought.

Dave (D&A)

Photojazz

Thanks on the first image guys. I added the second to test what was making my first image not display. It turned out to be a catalog protection issue with my zenfolio account. I fixed it of course.

Well, ok on the images, mistakes can happen, and even an M9 can produce a pretty big image if you load it up in standard format. Zenfolio makes it easy to catch yourself doing that. So, I pretty well know what size Zen is letting me load.

I had a couple of "likes" for this thread. If guys want to participate, we'll keep it, we can all still play in the other thread too, there's nothing to say we can't have both. I'm ok either way. Whatever everyone wants to do.

Enjoy your day.
Doug