The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica have increased the Upgrade prices

Stuart Richardson

People have been talking about Leica going under since the 70s. If it happens, it happens. Personally, I think the M9 will be out before the R10, just because so few people buy R cameras. The M8 has been out awhile and people are screaming for an update to give it full frame, no IR filters and better ISO performance. If they can do these things, they will sell a lot of cameras. Even if the R10 is fantastic, they will not sell very many, which is what makes me think that they will see how the S2 does, and if it is successful, they will just scale it down as an R10. If it flops, I don't think we will see an R10.

TimWright

Well I hope so my dealer just called and my M8 is back from NJ with framelines and shutter upgrades. I have been thinking of an S2 next year but will see if they get their sh_t together.

Chris C

I seriously wonder if Leica will still be around.... I hope so but if they don't get their act together......
Leica haven't got past acts together, this act together, and give this customer no confidence for their handling of forthcoming acts.

The industrial strength oaths I feel appropriate for Leica's attitude to it's customers as demonstrated by it's pricing and marketing balls-ups would be deemed too ungentlemanly for this forum. Maybe Solms is a magic land where everybody drives around in gold cars and it's citizens are sheltered from the economics that effect other less fortunate folk; maybe they think we all have gold cars and big yachts and buy Leicas from pocket change to wear as jewellery. Even by Leica's standards, the new upgrade prices are obscene; at this moment I have run out of politeness for this perpetually bungling company. It's little wonder that I don't know one professional photographer who would touch Leica with a proverbial barge pole.

............ Chris