The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steve Huff sells his M after severe color problems, commits to MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
As a tester and reviewer I never want anyone to buy anything on my recommendation only. People should take any data from any reviewer and only use it as part of the puzzle in the buying process. It's only a part of the decision process or at least it should be. You need to look at everything and do your homework before you pluck down your cash. Frankly your a idiot if you take only one thing into account when buying. We look at many things when buying a car for instance, hell I just bought one 3 days ago knowing my wife would probably not like it but I did it anyway as it saves us a ton in insurance and gas mileage never-mind price to buy. Besides its fun to drive and in the end on my Toureag lease return which would be in August I was looking at 30k over mileage of the lease that's like pissing 6 k in the wind at .20 cents per mile over. It had to go and I walked away on buy out at even money. That was smart money saved.

mmbma

I remember Steve sold his MM a long time ago, after his Mono review. Did he buy it again afterwards? I saw an ad on his website selling it for 6950, I emailed him to inquire but someone else already bought it.

jstaben

I remember Steve sold his MM a long time ago, after his Mono review. Did he buy it again afterwards? I saw an ad on his website selling it for 6950, I emailed him to inquire but someone else already bought it.
He sold his original MM (the one he used for his 3 part review), then got another one after he got the M240. He then had that one at least twice up on the for-sale section within the last 4 weeks. I noticed it first for $6700 then he took it down within 15min (I emailed him about this). The second time it was $6900, then taken down after an unknown amount of time. It wasn't until his blog post that he mentioned deciding to keep it.

Regardless, we all have times where we have second thoughts about buying something, wondering if we *really need it*, etc. We're all human. I've gone back and forth about many things in my life. Especially when dealing with this kind of money for many of us there is considerable thought about it and going back and forth.

proenca

Good lord... chill out people.

Take Guy advice : take everyone insights in when making a decision and not from a SINGLE person.

What works for you, might not work for me. What I find GREAT colours poping you might find over saturated. What you find nice details, I might find flat and boring. And the reverse way is true.

I've been a Leica fan and customer for years, since the film days with the M's.

M8 ? bought one at launch. M8.2 ? at launch. M9 ? at launch.

What ALL of them have in common ? All of them came out with flaws. Some of them SEVERELY flawed. Italian flags, IR issues, lockup's, freezes, lines, SD card problems, you name it.

Sure, when you pay 7 or 8 grand for a camera, you except out of this world quality control. But digital is new to Leica and sometimes problems are there.

Today we look back and laugh at the M8 quirks at launch and call them "personality". Or "little quirks".

Jesus, it was mayhem.

This is the price for digital early adopters. Always been. Buy a camera at launch, this is the price to pay.

Is Leica improving and products are comming out better than their predecessors ? Yes.

But still the mighty S2, with a hefty price tag, came with room for improvement upon launch.

Today the M9, S2 are mature products. I own a S2 and its by far, the best camera I ever used.

On a side note, AWB is great. But sometimes I have to correct it in Lightroom, either because its wrong or because I want to emphasize something or adjust it to my personal style.

So the M240 aint perfect on AWB issues? Big deal. Live with it .) It will become better - we hope.

peterv

:OT:

It might interest some others here (kind of off topic) but there is a killer new firmware coming for the S in June, I had a play with it last week - offers at least one never-before-seen feature that would be very useful for landscape shooters.
Like Kurt, I'd be very interested to hear more about this. For S2 or just the new S? Thanks!

D

Deleted member 7792

It might interest some others here (kind of off topic) but there is a killer new firmware coming for the S in June, I had a play with it last week - offers at least one never-before-seen feature that would be very useful for landscape shooters.
I had dozed off there for a minute, but now I'm awake.

For me, a more exciting prospect than a dispute about why Steve Huff sold a camera. :deadhorse:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I had dozed off there for a minute, but now I'm awake.

For me, a more exciting prospect than a dispute about why Steve Huff sold a camera. :deadhorse:

Agree . Who really cares anyway. **** he dont even have a great story behind it to listen too. Come to my campfire, I got stories. ROTFLMAO

Okay I'm done with this and I smell lock it up Guy is in my agenda. I just need a second motion. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.