The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24 mm Summilux lenscap ideas?

Photojazz

I have the 24 lux as well, but haven't had an issue yet except it occasionally coming off when not intended to come off. It's pretty much like the 35 hood cover. What we need is a ready supply of replacements of good quality.

I took a look at your web site Olaf, great work!

stephengilbert

If you can't find a suitable replacement, SKGrimes make very nice lens caps. Lens Caps « SKGrimes

All they need is the outside diameter of the lens barrel and the depth of the cap.

They're a bit pricey, though. I recently bought a 51mm cap, and it cost $30.

Photojazz

Well, the problem is, it's a radically different cap design for the existing hood, the cap is actually rectangular and more or less slides over the edges vs seating in a round fashion. You can see how the 35mm cap is designed in my for sale ad. the 24mm is pretty much same thing.

jstaben

maybe just use a good series 7 clear filter and leave the cap off. I think that's what I will do. I have a 35 Lux too and decided to take the hood off and use just a regular lens cap. Problem with the 24mm though you have the series 7 filters that need the hood to keep them on.