The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m9 back focusing

mmbma

So Pissed. My M9 just started back focusing! Anyone had it adjusted by Leica NJ? How much does it cost usually? Thanks

DaveS

Hi there,

I had some lenses and camera sent in last year. It was about $260 for a lens, and I think my M9 was still under warranty. I believe I heard/read recently they were doing price increases to about $300 or $330? (maybe that is the six bit coding price increase I heard about)

But before you send it in, you should confirm if it is the lens or camera, IE does it do the same thing on more than one lens? The more detail you can describe the better. I has one lens focus close up ok, but beyond a certain distance it progressively got worse, they fixed it, but it is good to explain what you are seeing. Sometimes with photo examples.

Also the price I paid was for Lens CLA, if you have parts or other things needed, then the price could be higher.

I have found them friendly and helpful, it would be worth it to phone and ask them what your options are and estimate pricing.

All the best,
Dave

Here is a cut and paste of their info in NJ.

Address:

Leica Camera Inc.
1 Pearl Ct, Unit A
Allendale, New Jersey 07401

Contact person: Sarah Mayville & Carmen Vargas

Phone: 800-222-0118 x 19930

Fax: 201-995-1686

E-mail: [email protected]

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I ve had more than a dozen lenses calibrated and at least 5 bodies . Anything out of warranty goes to DAG . Send him your M9 and ask for it back in a month . It will be faster ,cheaper and with way less hassle .

mmbma

super, thanks so much! DAG it is
my M9 is out of warranty. And i'm pretty sure its the camera that's doing the back focusing. My lenses work fine on my monochrom