The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Waiting

aragdog

I guess the new Leica is aptly named "unobtanium" as I have ordered several places and nothing yet. Would love to use some of my lens on any digital camera, to play with. Any suggestions of those I might use until the precious arrives. I guess it will be like waiting for a baby?

baudolino

Well, if you want to start taking pictures now, then a second hand M9 would do you an excellent service. You might even conclude that you don't need the "unobtanium" new model after all and could use the money you've saved on an extra lens...That's what I've done and I don't really care now when my (ordered six months ago) M arrives; when it does, I'll probably let someone else have it.

segedi

I picked mine up on 3 April - yay! I sent it in because of the strap lug issue - boo!
So be thankful you are waiting as they get things right...

EvilTed

I ordered my M 240 after the first batch shipped, paid for it up front and received notification that it was being shipped to me last week.
That's a total wait time of 9 weeks, so I cannot complain :)

Leica glass works extremely well on the Fuji XE-1 with the Fuji adapter.
The EVF is better than the X-Pro 1 and aids manual focus a lot, making it very easy to get critical focus quickly (about as quick as using a range finder).

HTH

ET

thrice

Many dealers will prioritise paid deposits over names down on a waiting list. I didn't wait that long back in the M9 days because I committed to my dealer and paid in full the day of announcement.