The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M240 Accessories Shipping?

JeffWarren

Just an FYI..I had ordered the multi function hand grip back in December through amazon and I just received an email from them with an expected date of receiving the item of June 10th. so potential good news for those waiting for accessories ..lets hope the R adapter is also going to start shipping as well.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Battery and charger were available at my dealer but no other accessories and no ETA. Without any sign of either the plain grip or the multifunction grip, I got a RRS plate and grip. It is a bit perplexing that RRS can engineer and produce and offer for sale a needed accessory before Leica itself can. But I am happy RRS did it. Nice ergonomics and very well made.

JeffWarren

Update I just got another email from Amazon with a Tracking number and a delivery date of Monday @ 3pm latest...will keep you all posted.

Alan I use a RSS Grip on my Mono and I love it..to your point great ergonomics...and built like a tank. RSS has some great products..i used to have an office in San Luis Obispo CA and have visited their "home office" Great place and great people to deal with.

algrove

I have a question about how the MF grip will take a generic RRS MC-L, L bracket when mounted under the MF grip. If possible, will you then have to remove 2 items to get to the battery or SD card?

I was hoping the thumb wheel of the MF grip could take the L bracket and hopefully leave it in place while removing the MF grip for battery/SD card access. Perhaps wishful thinking.

I just do not remember if the MF grip's thumb wheel has a threaded hole in it for screwing an item to the center of the thumb wheel.

JeffWarren

Algrove I will let you know today if the MF Grip takes the RRS MC-L...and the how and why of its intall and removal in conjunction with the Battery and SD card. The UPS tracking number reports that package is on the truck and out for delivery...but until the grip is in my hands (pun intended) only then will I believe its not a mistake of some kind.

JeffWarren

its been "out for delivery" since 6am...i get an email from UPS saying have to deliver tomorrow...i have a home office and have been home all day waiting like a kid waiting for a new toy...its 7pm in CA right now UPS has been know to deliver until 8:30 or 9 errr

algrove

That must be an Amazon screw up as Leica knows the difference between 14499 and 14495.

So sorry. Trust you were in need of an extra battery.

MirekE

When I paid $200 for the battery, I thought it was expensive. Now I feel mine was a bargain!

Jokes aside, I am sure Amazon will sort this out in no time.

JHellow

All:

My Leica dealer, Paul's Photo in Torrance, CA, has a pretty good inventory of batteries if you are still looking. I think they have seven. I just picked up an extra. Ask for Mark Comon.

JHellow